Favorite Wading boots?

Weible1

Weible1

I received a bunch of gift cards to bass pro for christmas and I was looking to get a nicer pair of wading boots. I really like the idea of the lace less wading boots. I was wondering if any of you own or have tried these boots. They are basically the same price, and I can't find many reviews on them so any input is appreciated. I am not set on either of these boots, so if anyone has a pair they love and would recommend that would be great too. Thanks, Steven

korkers metalhead... best wading boot on the market

interchangeable soles
lighter
better drainage

The korker metalheads are my number one choice so far. I tried them on at a gander mountain and they felt great. I loved how quick they were to tighten and off take off.

I liked the Korker Redstone better, fit felt better to me.

JH

The redstones don't have the BOA system

No they don't, but the quick lace system is nice.

JH

No I am glad you informed me about the other boots. I am not against any boots without the boa technology. I just really thought they were neat. Thanks flyfishermanj for the input.

I was also wondering about the korkers boots with the boa system. Thanks for the info.

I got a pair of the Simms with BOA about a month ago. Only wore them a couple of times but I find that they do not tighten around the foot very well. I did buy them a size larger for winter wading with extra socks so that may come into play. I think the latching mechanism which is made of plastic will likely be the first thing to fail. Frankly, in hind sight, I would skip the BOA.

I wonder if the simms just don't tighten up as much of the korkers. I tried the metalheads and they sure did tighten up on my foot, but then again I didn't have any waders on to try with them. I thought the same thing about the plastic knob breaking, but I thought I read somewhere they were replaceable for not that much.

i've found that you don't need to make them super tight

there are no pressure points like a boot
so you get a nice firm/even fit
kind of like a tight sock

the Boa is pretty strong/sturdy (as its used i many applications outside of fishing)
I was a bit hesitant thinking about sand/grit getting in the closure system... but i have had 0 issues in the year I've had BOA boots

another thing about the Korkers
they dry super fast... like in the walk from the water to the car

Just picked up Simms Rivertek with the Boa system yesterday. I went with them over the Korkers because of warranty. The Rivertek are supposed to have better traction on the rubber soles. I could care less about the removable soles. I do like the Korkers Metalheads though. Both should be great boots.

I wouldn't have even thought about looking into the warranty. I am glad you mentioned that. I just need some that will last a while and be comfortable. The boots I have now are just junk, and kill my feet.

Jayl pt up a link yesterday www.mrfc.com they had Boa korkers on sale like 50$ but limited sizes, oh an felt also.

Wow I didn't see that! They have my size too, I am ordering them as we speak. I could care less about the interchangeable soles, and for $49.99 I really don't see how I could be going wrong. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, and saving me over a hundred bucks lol.

No worries guy! We are all in this together! I picked up a Simms day pack, can't beat there prices.

Back