Family kayak

T

timmyt2

my wife and daughter have expressed interest in spending some time out on the water so i am looking for a sit on top tandem kayak with a weight capacity around 500 pounds. Not a dedicated fishing boat by any means but would like some fishing options like rod holders and maybe the ability to attach a trolling motor. Looking for something that paddles and tracks easy.

Would consider used if anyone has one to get rid of but my real purpose in posting here is suggestions and info I have not thought of that may influence my decision, thanks!!

My wife and are very compatible in our tandem kayak. Our paddle strokes are well synchronized. This isn’t always the case with couples.

Regarding kayak feature selection, seat comfort is an important consideration. While shopping pay attention to the seats. I’ve rented sit on top kayaks while vacationing and in both cases the seats became uncomfortable very quickly. Hopefully someone who enjoys their SOT kayak will chime in.

Good luck with your family kayaking experiences.

nucanoe frontier 12 2 - 3 person (one a small child) 675 lb capacity most stable yak on the market

Back