Falling spring

Fish Sticks

Fish Sticks

I am going to give falling spring a try soon and wanted to fish the fly fishing catch and release only section in the upper 2.5 miles of the stream. I have never been to the stream but was just wondering if anyone had any good parking recommendations in that specific stretch or anywhere else in the stream. I am going to try to do a whole day there and may explore down all the way to the mouth if I have time. I heard its mostly private land so if there any unclearly marked or posted limits you know of surrounding that upper section I would also be appreciative.

Last time I drove by there I was looking for the Kentucky fried Chicken that I had parked near before. Think it was torn down about 15 years ago 😂

Last time I drove by there I was looking for the Kentucky fried Chicken that I had parked near before. Think it was torn down about 15 years ago 😂
KFC alive and well, lol falling springs in downtown chambersburg not so much.

0FD05C3D 1AA0 491F AD71 D7235C40DBC3

Can’t say I have ever seen a sloped street come down hill and end in a stream. Only in Pa. That tree buffer with all the tree tubes in the back left will prob catch what ever doesn’t run down hill over concrete right????

Last edited:
Quarry Rd has a parking area .... on the right. there also is a fishermans parking lot on Edwards Ave. .... in front of a big house. upstream from there .... is the old dairy farm ( Frys or another name i cant remember ). that section was posted for many years due to a confrontation with son of the farmer and a trespasser .... but its open now ... and believe it or not there is a Day Spa right where the old farm house used to be.

View attachment 1641228643
Can’t say I have ever seen a down slopped streen come down hill and end in a stream. Only in Pa. That tree buffer with all the tree tubes in the back left will prob catch what ever doesn’t run down hill over concrete right????
Really?

That always had a bunch of fish in it.
i am talking downstream of 5th street but yea there is probably still alot of fish in it today i meant the stream is a catchment for hot dirty asphalt almost entirely below that point. I have never seen a paced road just come down a hill and end in the channel of a spring creek lol

DON’T WORRY KRAY THE COLONELS BACK!
BBE4CC7C E648 4A53 90A2 DB878E648F4A

FINGERLICKIN

FINGERLICKIN

GOOOOOO

GOOOOOOD

Quarry Rd has a parking area .... on the right. there also is a fishermans parking lot on Edwards Ave. .... in front of a big house. upstream from there .... is the old dairy farm ( Frys or another name i cant remember ). that section was posted for many years due to a confrontation with son of the farmer and a trespasser .... but its open now ... and believe it or not there is a Day Spa right where the old farm house used to be.
Thanks yea I parked at a couple of those, tough day stream kicked my a** lol got the skunk for first time in a long time. Lone would be fish O the day cane of under a bridge and got one other hit after.

Skellys?

Definitely is a lot of posted land mixed in and around the easements. Feel like some plots might have chnaged since the keystone fly fishing book but could be wrong

View attachment 1641228643
Can’t say I have ever seen a sloped street come down hill and end in a stream. Only in Pa. That tree buffer with all the tree tubes in the back left will prob catch what ever doesn’t run down hill over concrete right????
That picture is funny.
I remember seeing this awhile ago with another fisherman and we were scratching our heads too.

Back