Fall Trip

brandozer317

brandozer317

Looking to plan a camping trip in October with the wife, but want to be able to to do some fishing too. Any suggestions for good campground/stream combinations? (I.e. Poe Paddy and Penns)

Thanks in advance!

now you will go to Penns, since you mentioned it.

Rt. 6, Ansonia to Coudersport. Stay away, or you will want to go back, time and time again.

Fall leaf colors on 6 from Denton Hill Ski Lodge up that hill, on a sunny day, will blow you away!

Only fish you will catch is in your mind! That ride will make you realize, why you live and have eyes. Stop and take a photo, your wife, your children and you. Screw the phone, a real picture is needed to display. Blow it up, make it a poster.

You will never know the glory of 6, unless you see it!

Here is the bing and bang. I hope Galeton Supermarket still makes the fried chicken. Get 12 pieces, get some drinks, Make sure chicken is fresh. Stop at West Pike, cast a few, head towards Coudersport. I am sure you can find a place in Coudersport to stay, check that town out. Keep going and Olean is next big hit.

The Library, if still open. Food of quality. On left, center town at main crossroad. Last time i was there, the sugar cubes were wrapped in paper. I took a few. Another place was the Castle.

Been too long for me, just a memory. Memories last a lifetime, make some. Years pass, in Olean i remember, Bradners, got my slacks, Cloud 9, had my fun, 8 th street and Reed St. spent a few weeks each summer.

I was lucky, how lucky will you be?

Go to Poe Paddy and let the fires smoke, blind you. Union County Sportsman Club, buy a tent and stay a while. If available site, take marshmellows, make Mt. pies and walk at your own pace!

Well, the old ones always said, "Get some stink off you". You will never do that, in a hotel room. Great outdoors of Pa. will remove the smell of mothballs.

Maxima12

Clear Creek State Park/Clarion River

I've camped at Ohiopyle and it was good (that was a few years ago) so you can hit the Yough.

For a less well known option, you might try Colonel Denning SP. You could kayak/canoe the lake there and hit the nearby brookie streams. Big Spring is fairly close by as well. If you like bass, the Juniata River is probably about 45 minutes away.

Mike wrote:
Clear Creek State Park/Clarion River
This suggestion puts you in position to catch trout, SM Bass and maybe a 30” channel cat. Amazing how big they get in that stretch of river. Probably large everywhere. Although I’m not sure how active they are in October.

Pine Creek at Petticoat Junction Campground in Cedar Run. The Brown Trout Club will do their fall stocking down stream in Slate Run. Pine Creek, Cedar Run and Slate Run are all great to fish in the fall.

ztroutman wrote:
Pine Creek at Petticoat Junction Campground in Cedar Run. The Brown Trout Club will do their fall stocking down stream in Slate Run. Pine Creek, Cedar Run and Slate Run are all great to fish in the fall.

X2 on Cedar Run.
The Cedar Run Inn B&B is pretty sweet.
A lot of good options for non-fishing activities too.

Camping in a tent or camper?

In the Weikert area, the Union County Sportsman's Club has camper sites by the social club and stream front tent sites. Penn Creek Campground has camper sites on and very close to the creek.

Both put you close to exploring Poe Paddy, Poe Valley SP, Coburn and Millheim. There are several public access points for Penns within a 5-10 min drive from the campgrounds. There are also several rental cabins in the area.

There are several wineries in the area and two excellent breweries. The Rusty Rail in Mifflinburg has very nice suites. In Millheim, the Triple Creek Lodge has unique rooms.

Piggybacking this thread. I'm looking for a cabin for a midweek stay, 2nd full week of October.

I want to go to either Potter, Tioga, or Lycoming counties. Streamside cabin would be ideal so I could fish and my wife could read. Biking/hiking trails nearby are a must.

I like the Petticoat Junction cabins but they are 2 night minimum stays. Starting to look at AirBnb and VRBO. If anybody has any recommendations, please pass forward! Thanks.

Back