Fall Run

PocketWater

PocketWater

Probably won't get out to do any fishing until the fall, as the temps are high and water too warm. At that point, archery season is here, and the changing season makes me start debating the long drive for steelhead fishing versus trout fishing.

This video is a really nice steelhead film. Wish you could find steelhead streams like this where you don't see other fishermen.

Video

nice share.

that last fish was a pure chrome ghost

TimRobinsin wrote:
nice share.

that last fish was a pure chrome ghost

No doubt. The only color on that thing was a tiny bit of color on its gill plate.

11:30 or so - was that fish foul-hooked??

Definitely a fresh fish.

I've had experiences on Erie tribs where I didn't encounter an angler all day. Those have been few and far between, but they exist, and during normal flows too, not just blown out conditions ;-)

salmonoid wrote:
I've had experiences on Erie tribs where I didn't encounter an angler all day. Those have been few and far between, but they exist, and during normal flows too, not just blown out conditions ;-)

My problem up there is after driving the 2 to 2.5 hours up, depending what stream you go to, it's tough to dedicate a lot of time to 'exploring' places to park and what sections of streams allow access and what is posted.

Lovely video! Thanks for sharing.

Back