fall is upon us

marcq

marcq

Its almost that time of year again. Where the bass and blues start making their way down the coast. As of now mullet and and peanuts are lingering in the back bays. They are catching some nice blues a few miles out and some loner bass in the low light time of the day along the beach. Already started tying up some nice mullet and spearing patterns. Just itching to get some sand in my boots. Hopefully by the second week in September things will come together.

There will be joy in my life very soon :pint:

Also FYI if anyone is interested in a new toy
Sage XI3 Sale

the fall run can't come quick enough for me - this is the first spring that i didn't get out for one single day for 10 years.

i have to fix that.

I thinking about making a trip soon even though it would probably be tough fishing really dying to get out. been stuck at the bass pond catch pigs on hollow body frogs. its fun but doesn't even come close to surf with a long rod.

this is what I been doing on the vise lately. big mullet hollow style flies with the game changer articulating body. not like my salt box isn't stuffed to the max with flies already but never hurts to have too many.

Although its not fall and nothing is running yet. me and my buddy adam took a tip to fish some water up in north jersey. We got there and there was lighting and some heavy down pours in the area. Waited it out and started around 9 pm. Fish the surf for about and hour or so before moving back and fished a river. My buddy said he had a few hits out front and in the back. Didnt hook anything. We did see a fair amount of bait. Regardless it was good to get out. Fished from 9 to about 130.

Marc

Back