Fall Colors in PA

Maurice

Maurice

Administrator
Staff member
Has anybody taken any photos of the fall foilage in PA while fishing over the past weeks? Lets see the pics. I was down at the Gunpowder today and it was spectacular! Although I forgot my camera today, I took some pics last week. I'll tey to get them up soon. Well, lets see some your pics.

Maurice

Maurice - I was up at Penn's/Elk this weekend and the leaves are all done.

I didn't see any risers in your Gunny pix.

tl
les

Surprisingly we caught all our fish on top. And the water was in the grass. Running at 185 which is pushing hard there. I waded some pretty dangerous runs to get to slow pockets where fish were slapping hoppers, beetles and ants. It was a great day there with PaulG. Boy was I tired the next day though.

We didn't know the guy casting in the pic I took from the Masemore bridge but Paul said he was a "talker"

Maurice

A shameless bump to show off a couple more pics I took...this time in PA. At the Breeches last week. Check out the reds in the shrubs on the right and the golds of the sycamores

The point bar on the right was covered and the water in the bushes the next day...crystal clear but high. Still fishable though.

Anyway...enjoy!

Maurice,

Thanks for the pictures. They are great! Can I use one of the Yellow Breeches pictures for the Streams Section?

Dave

dkile wrote:
Maurice,

Thanks for the pictures. They are great! Can I use one of the Yellow Breeches pictures for the Streams Section?

Dave

No problem Dave...use whichever you like.

This was too late for the best colors, but still a pretty picture...

YoungWomansCreekNov2006009Small.jpg

Young Womans Creek November 2006

Albie,

I think I know that spot...Is there a HUGE rock to the left of the cropping? One about the size of a small cabin?I remember the way the crik split out of the back of that hole.I thought it was because of the high water...or was the water over 100 for you too?

Maurice

Maurice,

You've got the spot right. The flows were 50 to 55 the day we were there. There is a rather long section below this spot where the stream runs in multiple channels. The individual channels fish like smaller streams. My son wasn't stealthy enough yet to catch any fish where the stream was segmented, but we did well from this hole upstream.

There are rocks arranged at the end of the hole like a dam to make the hole deeper. I talked to a gentelman there who had a camp nearby, he said a lot of folks swim in this hole in the heat of the summer.

Back