Eye Glasses

B

bert304

I just wanted some opinions on sunglasses that everyone uses. I think of getting a new pair.

Thanks

Grey for bright light - from wally world prescription nikon lenses - 75 bucks

Amber / Brown for low light - Oakley - prescription - 300 bucks from eye doctor

Lesson - take your script to wally world .

I really, really like Kaenon sunglasses. Their UV filters are awesome. Buy last years models on ebay on the cheap(er).

A polarized pair of renegades. Under $15 at walmart and I can see all the fish I need to.

I started wearing Smith Optics Lochsa bifocals this year and like them very much. Bought 2 pair from Madison River Fishing Co. ( 1 pair w/copper lens & 1 pair w/brown lens ) at half off regular price. MRFC has Smith Optics "Lost River" bifocals on sale now for half off. A high quality product and a very nice company to do business with. Also bought a pair of Cloudveil Crystal Creek wading pants from MRFC at about half off.

Big Oakley fan, but I can't afford them these days. I head to sierratradingpost.com and try to keep it around $50. I like copper/rose colored lenses.

I buy the $20 polarized ones from ****'s and places like that. They work fine. I'm not saying nice pairs aren't better, I'm sure they are. But I'm good for losing or breaking a pair every 2 years or so, and investing big money just isn't worth it.

I use the cheapo glasses from Walmart (Berkley brand). I've gone through a few pairs and they work pretty well. My buddy Greg got some prescription polarized glasses and was seeing fish better than I was not too long ago and he's pretty blind without his glasses, so like anything the more you spend the more you'll probably get out of a product. One day when I'm making 6 figures I can splurge on a nice pair of polarized glasses.

I like Oakley as well and search ebay when I need a new pair. I'll secong the Sierra Trading Post suggestion. They have a good selection. I prefer amber polarized lenses for an all purpose use.

I bought a pair of Cocoons for my prescription glasses.

i've got a pretty fugly pair made by 5.11 Tactical in gray. I also recently picked up a pair of Rayban's that i'm still waiting to be delivered.

i would like to pick up another pair in amber or yellow of low-light.

Back