Ever hear of this one ?

F

finnanthony

I inherited a bamboo fly rod about 12 years ago . Never fished with it , but am curious if any of you are at all familiar with it . There is a Jay Harvey signature on it and is a #130 as well . Above that is the name Jefferson. Any info would be appreciated , as this was a dear friend who had owned it and passed away at age 80 . Thanks....Finn

pics are always helpful for identification. lots of rods can be identified by the type of reel seat, wrap color and style, ferrule type, cork shape, etc.

I did a google seach and found this about the rod. No value but some info.

Another private label Heddon to watch for is the E. K. Tryon Company line out of Philadelphia. The rods are marked "Jay Harvey" minus the quotation marks and the models are named after American presidents

Pictures please. Heddon did produce rods for E.K. Tryon Company, but so did some other makers. Pictures will help to sort it out. Also, what length is is?

Contact Len Codella at www.codella.com. He will be able to help you.

Thanks ,fellas for the replies . The "Jefferson" on the butt is the ticket ,I believe. Sentimental value is enough for me, but it is always nice to know the maker and history . The Philadelphia maker sounds about right . I was wondering about the age , so will research a bit more . I'll try to post a picture or so .Thanks again........Tight lines !

Back