Euro nymphing rod

lonekimono

lonekimono

Hello everyone. I am looking to purchase a new Euro nymphing rod. I don't have any experience with these rods. I am not looking to break the bank either. If anyone has some information that could point me in the right direction. i would greatly appreciate it. also would i have to buy a new reel? I was looking at this rod The Epiphany - 3wt 10'6" - w/ Fighting Butt from the moonshine co. As I said no experience so not sure. Thanks Ron.

Lots of sizzle. Not so sure how much steak you will get with a Moonshine. Frankly, I'm not impressed with their other rods that I've handled. Just pimped out Asian rods.

On the other hand, Orvis Clearwaters are excellent performing FISHING rods with pedigree, solid customer service, and a few bucks cheaper too. Their new line up includes some serious contenders for best Euro rod for the money.

If I'm buying a Chinese made rod in this price range, it's gonna be a Clearwater.

You don't "need" another reel for a euro nymphing setup. Just tie the long leader and loop it to the front of an existing line.

Thanks for your advice

I've got three low priced nymphing rods. Cabelas Czn, Greys, and a straight Chinese MAXIMUMCATCH. Not much difference between them. I'd go with whatever has the best warrantee.

PennKev wrote:
Lots of sizzle. Not so sure how much steak you will get with a Moonshine. Frankly, I'm not impressed with their other rods that I've handled. Just pimped out Asian rods.

On the other hand, Orvis Clearwaters are excellent performing FISHING rods with pedigree, solid customer service, and a few bucks cheaper too. Their new line up includes some serious contenders for best Euro rod for the money.

If I'm buying a Chinese made rod in this price range, it's gonna be a Clearwater.

I agree ^

The Orvis Clearwater is a quality rod in the price range, even a little less expensive ($198) than many of the other ones mentioned. Orvis offers 25 year warranty. Read the reviews below > 12 reviews all 5 stars. Really great rod for the money.

Clearwater 10' 3wt

afishinado wrote:
PennKev wrote:

I agree ^

The Orvis Clearwater is a quality rod in the price range, even a little less expensive ($198) than many of the other ones mentioned. Orvis offers 25 year warranty. Read the reviews below > 12 reviews all 5 stars. Really great rod for the money.

Clearwater 10' 3wt

I didn't realize they added those rods to their lineup. I've got a few other Clearwaters and very good rods for the money.

Back