Enrico Puglisi EP Trigger Point

L

lestrout

Since I don't do saltwater, I've paid little attention to his fine displays at the fly shows. The new FlyFisherman mag has a nice article about Catskill flies using the EP Trigger Point fibers. Is this new? How is it different than other fibers such as trilobals like Antron?

The texture and stiffness is different. The EP product produces a bulkier, denser looking wing with less material. Anton is a straighter material, usually with larger diameter fibers. The EP trigger point fibers produce a better, more buoyant wing on dry with less individual fibers. I've also used Widows Web from MRFC and Crinkle Hair from Fly Tyer's Dungeon in the same application. There are other substitutes out there too that I've tried and forgotten about, however antron is not one of them for dry fly wings. The EP trigger point fibers are probably the most expensive option, but have the most diverse color selection.

I have been using the trigger point fibers for about 2 years. I like them and they are very easy to use. EP has some videos online how to use for various flies.
Nice selection of colors. I primarily use it for winging but he uses for bodies as well. I like his tailing fibers as well. He shows using the trigger point fibers in the videos but i dont like to full of a tail. He has a nice tailing fiber in a few colors I prefer.

Back