Electric/ rechargeable UV curing light

R

RonKolman

Has anyone used an electric or rechargeable UV curing light to cure UV resin on your flies? If so, can you recommend a product?

I do, I use the Loon light that is rechargable. It works great, lasts long enough & charges easily as long as you don't lose the cord!.

Depends on the material but I use battery powered lights.
1 for Tuffleye, 1 for Loon and 1 for CCG

I recently bought O-light's UV flashlight and really like it. It uses a standard AA sized battery. I already had a bunch of the rechargeable eneloop batteries and prefer them to the USB charger type, so this works well for me.

Thanks for the information!!! I have been looking at the O-lights, it seems they make several models! Can you tell me which model you purchased? Thanks for your help!

I use mainly flashlights for my curing. I have four. The original CCG light is pretty much shot and used a very expensive battery.. I have a Loon light and two others that use either AAA or AA batteries. One I picked up at a local hardware store and the other at Harbor Freight. One thing I found out is that you don't need a specific light for each brand of UV resin. Any of the flashlights I have will cure the brand of UV resin that I'm using.
I also picked up a plug in UV light at Michaels. I can fit 4 or 5 flies under it. It has a button that will run the light for a minute. I use it to remove the tackiness you often get with any of the UV resins. If I'm in a hurry I'll use rubbing alcohol and a paper towel to get rid of the tackiness. Still a lot quicker and less messy than using epoxy or head cement.

RonKolman wrote:
Thanks for the information!!! I have been looking at the O-lights, it seems they make several models! Can you tell me which model you purchased? Thanks for your help!

Do a search for OLIGHT I5UV EOS UV Flashlight. It's the blue and pink looking one.

Under $19. Battery lasts forever, comes with charger and uses famous micro USB cable to recharge. Alonefire SV003 5W 365nm UV Flashlight Portable Rechargeable Blacklight for Pet Urine Detector, Resin Curing, Scorpion, Fishing, Minerals with Aluminum Case, Charger, Lithium Battery Included https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WFFTHH4/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_ME4BHJB47C3X4709W027?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I, too, use the Loon rechargable light. Works great. Easy to use. Have had it for about 4 years now, so far, no issues.

Do a search for OLIGHT I5UV EOS UV Flashlight. It's the blue and pink looking one.
They were out of stock on this light…waiting and will check the site again. Thanks!

Back