EGO compact slider net review

krayfish

krayfish

After getting a Brodin trout bum net, netting 3 fish and then having it sink to the bottom of the river, I thought there's got to be something better that floats.

I found these online and thought of getting one but didn't feel like spending $80 to see if I like it. Well, the nephews got me an $25 gift card for Cabelas and back during their big fishing sale, they had the nets reduced from $80 to $52. I applied my gift card and picked it up in Hamburg when it arrived.

The hoop on the net is BIG. Bigger than I was expecting. I almost took it back in after getting a look at it. The design is pretty neat with the extending handle. The rubber net bag is heavy in construction and heavy when trying to manage the net in faster water with one hand. Extends to net, retracts to store. The head screws off the handle and can be replaced with a boat hook, knife and some other things. The net floats!! When I drop it next time, I won't lose it. The molded foam rubber grip on the handle tore during a moment of panic trying to get the net and boat the fish. Not sure how I'm going to fix that issue.

Overall, it's a solid net but a bit pricey for plastic and rubber. It's excellent for a pontoon, canoe, kayak or even a drift boat. If you were hog hunting along the Letort or a similar stream, the large net frame and long handle would aide in landing a big fish. It's big, it's fairly heavy and not your everyday wade net. The interchangeable head is a cool feature. I wanted it because it floats and I know my luck.

Attachments

• 72011_CompactRubber.jpg
    72011_CompactRubber.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 15
Back