Echo Shadow II Fly Rod

salmo

salmo

I was wondering if these rods are worth it. I'm looking at the 4106-4 being a 10'6" rod for my introduction to nymphing. Any comments?

I own this rod. I bought it at the FF Show in Lancaster a couple of years ago. I must admit I got a great price on it. A friend of mine I was with owns one so I took a chance. Later I purchased the optional Competition Kit which includes two 6 inch rod extensions, counterweights and a removable fighting butt. I have no regrets over this purchase. It is good with nymphs and in a pinch will work with drys.

I have the Echo Shadow II 10' 3wt and the rod fishes well but on 2 occasions I have had guides pull out of the wrappings since they are single foot guides.

Its a good rod for the price. The comp kit makes a huge difference in how the rod handles. I suggest a 3wt it should handle everything you throw at it and provide a little extra sensitivity. Also consider that rod is in the price range of other good options such as the cortland comp and the syndicate rods that may be worth a look.

Back