Easy yet Effective

S

steve98

What is the the EASIEST yet STILL VERY effective fly that you tie?
For me it is the PLain Old brown paper-bag variety of the
Gold-Ribbed Hares ear nymph.

Steve98

Sorry maybe this should have been a Poll question
well do with it what u want.

Bugger...but I can;t imagine anything easier to tie than a griffith's gnat...

Most versatile is a bugger, hands down. Ya can fish it in any water, for most species.

If I had to pick for trout fishing in good conditions, it's very close between a PT and a zebra midge.

Walts Worm...can't get easier to tie I guarantee and it will catch fish!

From a strictly dry fly point of view, a crowe beetle. In summer and fall, I usually have at least 3-4 dozen of these in my vest, and have caught fish everywhere on them

For me a PT; especially in it's many variations (flashback, bead head, and peacock, and on and on).

A fur ant. I tie them in bright orange with a white hackle. They are very visible and very effective. I think size 18 is the best.

I suppose in the easy to tie department, it would be tough to beat some midge patterns. They can be literally, fuzz on a hook.

I tie a midge emerger. I have caught fish with it in every stream I have tried it in. I tie it in stripped peacock herl and white goose biot for the body and have at least a dozen of each with me. It takes a little longer to tie than a conventional zebra midge but it is worth it.

Do you have a picture for this midge pattern?

djmyers wrote:
Do you have a picture for this midge pattern?

Not currently. I broke a leg in the mtns. and my camera is still packed with a bunch of my stuff in the car but I could PM you one once I work up the strength to dig it out.

Either a green weenie or a BH rabbit hair nymph.

glow bug!!! tied with McFly Foam.........

green weenie

teeny nymph

my steelhead leech pattern is simple--
glue egg head, strip of rabbit--done and deadly

herl midge--granted most midges are simplistic to tie

brassie--wire and a bump!!!

JUSTFISH--hope the leg heals quickly and straight!!!!!

Hi All,

I would have to say the Weenie and egg pattern...I tie it very loose and thin compared to the compact eggs...in the water it sucks up the water into a globe that just can't be beat...great on steelhead...thanx to Rich Zoog for showing me the pattern...catches fish everywhere...

Oh, I forgot to mention the Al's Rat. Thread and dubbing of your choice. I love using muskrat for the thorax.

Thank you, 2bonthewater, after three weeks the pain is finally gone but I guess that comes with a screw being put in your ankle to bring your bone back in!!!!!!!!! :evil:

JustFish
I cut the tip of my finger off once---gym accident,

they put a pin in my finger to get the bones to heal straight....same as you I'd bet, but your pin should be quite bigger.....anyway....they let me pull the pin out when it was time to remove it....pair of pliers and out it came!!!! very cool

happy healing

Oh and the pom pom or however you spell it egg patterns. just a drop of super glue on the hook and slide the pom pom over it. I still can't believe I'm the only one to mention a walts worm...a grey blob is by the far the easiest to actually tie.

Back