eastern sportsman show

C

cdogedoger

heading down to the show on monday or tuesday. wondering if anyone was there this past weekend. just wondering if there is any must stop at booth's. usually stop at the local TU booth and buy some flies. I know there are few fly fishing specific booths just wondering if anything stood out. the cold weather will probably keep people away. weekdays you can actually move arround at you own pace without getting run over.
thanks
john

I was at the show Monday helping man the booth of some friends of mine and I was able to look around a bit. If you're primarily a fly fisherman and have never been to the show you may be disappointed. . . esp if you have attended the fly fishing show in Somerset NJ. My TU chapter does have a booth where you can buy good, locally tied flies and support a good cause. I saw only one fly shop in the fishing section of the show. Bass fishing with conventional gear is a more prominent feature. Most of the exhibits are guides/outfitters looking to book business. With the new passport requirements I wonder how the Canadian outfitters are doing? I didn't ask any of them. I visit the show most years and I think it has always been geared primarily to the hunting crowd for a long time. While I am primarily a fisherman, I am interested in hunting so do enjoy the other exhibits. Also, in the fishing hall it is more crowded in the morning hours than the afternoon.

Back