East Branch Standing Stone Creek

B

Billr

Know anything about fishing this creek upstream or downstream drom Greenwood Furnice. I do recall it being very bushy.

Know anything about fishing this creek upstream or downstream drom Greenwood Furnice. I do recall it being very bushy.
I fished it once, in the Fall. Downstream of GF. It was ok, not great. Caught a couple wild Browns, but it was pretty junky habitat wise. Yes, lots of deadfall to negotiate. It was a one and done for me.

Above GF it has to be tiny.

I fished upstream of GF lake a number of times. It is brushy and has a respectable number of brook trout- albeit small-average size. There are a few places to fish it. Although, I visited it this year and the drought in the spring had it in rough shape. It will come back. Closer to the lake you'll run into a few browns. There are better BT streams in centre and huntingdon co, but it was different for me. If youre in the area and there is water in the system its worth a visit. I would not travel more than 20 minutes to fish it
Downstream I fished once and drove along it. It gets warm in the early summer. I agree with swattie's assessment. With all the other places to fish around here, I won't be going back below the lake..

Last edited:
I camp at Greenwood Furnace a few times every year and since I am there I always end up fishing it at least a little bit. Both above and below the lake I am always let down. I don't really like it. There are better streams not too far away.

I say it's a PASS!

Back