Dryft- anyone use their products??

Acristickid

Acristickid

Dryft

Anyone use their waders??

Hopefully some company is catching up to Simms.

They seem like there are sturdy and about $200 less and has zipper not that I need a zipper.

https://dryftfishing.com/shop/primo-zip-front-wader/

Thanks for any experiences.

For what it's worth, Simms Freestone Z waders are listing at between $280 and $380 depending on model year. That's in the same ball park as the DRYFTs. L.L. Bean offers a zippered wader at $250-300. Redington offers a more expensive zippered option also, but some shopping effort could bring that price down to be comparable.

All are imported and fairly similar. The product descriptions would suggest that the Dryfts are a somewhat heavier construction due to an extra layer of material (assuming the materials used are comparable).

When it comes to imported Simms waders, I think that brands like DRYFT become a reasonable alternative, particularly if the fit or features suit you better. Simms' customer service is not strong enough, IMO, to be a deciding factor for this sort of product. Personally, The pricing is right at the point where I'd still want to see and handle them in real life before pulling the trigger.

Full disclosure: Simms USA made lines of waders are still my go to when shopping for new waders and zippers are not an important feature to me.

I'm sure they are a pretty good product, but that branding is just too obnoxious for me to be interested.

^ yes a little mod and garish , if they are sturdy I can get beyond it in the $500 waders world for $349

Back