Donating flies

turkey

turkey

Its that time of year again when I make time to spend a few hours standing in the cold so I can donate a few flies to the shale substrate of Elk Creek. I even put one in a tree for good measure. Water looked perfect today, sky was overcast, only thing missing was the fish.

lYUWdUE.jpg

zAynHik.jpg

'tis the season of giving!

I've lost my share of flies up there too.
Although the last time I was there - which has been at least 2-3 years ago now -- I made up for things big time.
I snagged a branch, that finally broke loose. And after I "landed" it, there were between 2 and 3 dozen flies hooked on it.

Really nice looking ties you have there. The tree gods have smiled upon you for the sacrifice, you will be blessed on your next outing.

You can send to me if you wanna donate...

I like when you catch back flies that you've previously lost...especially ones a couple years later

Nice looking ties....

As to the donations, there are trees and brush all along the Lackawanna with flies of mine in them. Some I gave on the fore-cast, some on the back-cast.

Does that make be ambidextrous? Or just an over-achiever?

Thanks guys, I ended up going back the next day thinking some fish might've moved overnight but the water was down about 6" from the day before. The lower water allowed me to cross the creek and I actually got a fly back but I lost this one shortly after. Oh well.

oS9SEey.jpg

djs12354 wrote:
Nice looking ties....

As to the donations, there are trees and brush all along the Lackawanna with flies of mine in them. Some I gave on the fore-cast, some on the back-cast.

Does that make be ambidextrous? Or just an over-achiever?

Dave,

It makes you unaware of your surroundings at best and at worst a sucky caster. The Jose Feliciano of fly casting.:-D

Maurice wrote:

Dave,

It makes you unaware of your surroundings at best and at worst a sucky caster. The Jose Feliciano of fly casting.:-D

Maurice,

I am aware of my surroundings - Just forgetful of how close they are! :)

As to the sucky caster part: Freely admitted! :)

Next swipe? ;-)

Back