Does Clark's Creek Have a USGS Gauge

MD_Gene

MD_Gene

Does anyone know? Thanks in advance.

No Gene but it really don't need one. Its always cold and usually the same release unless there is a drought or flood conditions, in which case its low or out of the banks respectively.

Does the Patriot News still have the water level at the dam in the weather section of the newspaper? I always went by that, especially when streams were high. Four inches over the spillway was a bit dicey for fishing. I haven't subscribed to the paper in years though.

The report for Dehart dam is still in the paper every day that the paper is printed. You can just pick up the paper (without buying it) and look at the last page next to the weather forecast. It will tell you how many inches from the top of the spillway the water level is. Last time I looked it was -46". But it's a bottom release so the stream won't change too much unless the number is +.

Clark's is lowwwwwwwww. I def would not take a trip from Maryland.

Maurice wrote:
No Gene but it really don't need one. Its always cold and usually the same release unless there is a drought or flood conditions, in which case its low or out of the banks respectively.

I'm with Gene on this. I've wished for years that it had a gauge. It's a 2+ hour drive for me and I'd rather go elsewhere if it's super-low or out of the banks.

Back