Does anyone live in Bellefonte and/or near Benner Hatchery?

wbranch

wbranch

I was fishing at the end of Shiloh Road, at the parking lot along Spring Creek, on Monday. I lost my prescription Poloroid sunglasses and a fellow posted on my thread that he saw them sitting on a rock at the sign in the parking lot.

I also fished the same section of Spring Creek yesterday. I saw your glasses at the main parking area. They were sitting on one of the big boulders surrounding the sign. Somebody must have found them and put them there.
I live in York, 115 miles away from that point. I was wondering if anyone who lived in Bellefonte, or in a close proximity, who might be going to fish Spring Creek over the next few days, could go to that sign and look on the rock to see if my glasses are still there?

If so pick them up and PM me so I can send you a box, with prepaid postage, so you can mail them back to me. Thanks, Matt

I'm on it, I can make time before work this morning and check for you.

I have them!

Kudos Jack!

Nice!

It never ceases to amaze me how often things are found and given back to their owner on here.

There are whole whole bunch of people on here that are downright nice guys and gals that go out of their way to help others. Good karma to all.

Yeah Baby! Well done all! Nice to see that honest people are still around. I am past due for leaving something at my parking place. It's why I engrave my email address on my fly boxes. I should probably use a sharpie on my waders too. I always attach key lanyard to a belt loop as well.

wow! Great job...

That's great! This forum is amazing.

I have them

Man, oh man, you are one awesome gentleman! Thanks so much for the kindness you so openly displayed by going there for me. Obviously your thoughtfulness is most appreciated.

PM sent to you.

One for the Good Guy's. GG

Jack you are the man!

Thread of the year so far!! Glad to hear Matt. Hope to see you on the WB soon.

Who doesn't love a Happy Ending? :-D

Awesome. Love seeing things like this.

Hope to see you on the WB soon.

I think it is going to be a late start. A friend of mine lives in Honesdale and on Sunday he told me there was still 12" of snow all over the region.

A very nice gesture, and quick, too. If my brother called me for help with a flat tire, I'd have to ask him to wait at least 30 minutes. lv heard the call for help and had a result in less time that. Way to go lv/Jack!

All is good, talked with Matt and arranged for the return of the glasses. It was my pleasure to do this small thing... We also must remember the person who happened upon them and placed them somewhere obvious to find.

You are right, kudos to him or her. That said, I am jealous that you live so close to Benner.

Jack wrote;

We also must remember the person who happened upon them and placed them somewhere obvious to find.

Yes, absolutely, the fellow who saw them could just as easily left them where he found them but instead took the time to pick them up, carry them around with him, and finally place them in a conspicuous place so they might be found again by the owner.

Back