DIY Laynards

T

tracker12

Anyone have a good recipe for a lanyard. Not sure I would put much more on it than nippers, forceps and tippet.

I took a drawstring from the bottom of a rain jacket. Make a loop with one of the push button drawstring stoppers leaving a tag. The other drawstring stopper can serve as a stopper for tippet on the tag. Hung a couple zingers off the drawstring loop for nippers and forceps. Kinda of a convoluted explanation I guess.

I make these but I thread 65 lb crane swivels to the weaving line so I can hang my stuff. I attach to my water straps but a simple cord makes it hang from your neck. I also do the same weave on the neck strap to widen the part contacting the neck. I'd post a picture but I can't.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_0nTadpl6Lg

Get thick bungee cord, then some 1/8" bungee cord to hang stuff onto it. Use double fisherman knots and clove hitches to attach everything together. A cigarette lighter can melt bungee cords together so tag ends don't come unfrayed or in the way.

Most comfortable duck call lanyard I've made, and it cost two dollars. Paracord weaves are overrated!

Back