Did the Sporting Gentleman close?

S

springer1

I was there last week and agin today and it wasn't open either day.

springer1 wrote:
I was there last week and agin today and it wasn't open either day.

They are closed on Mondays >

Business Hours
Sunday
12:00pm-4:00pm
Monday
Closed

Tuesday
10:00am-5:30pm
Wednesday
Thursday
10:00am-8:00pm
Friday
Saturday
10:00am-4:00pm

Try another day.

One of the White Clay Fly Fishers' officers told me the Sporting Gentleman is now open Friday, Saturday, and Sunday only. I would suggest folks call to confirm actual store hours.

Steve is doing allot guiding now , cant guide and run the shop at the same time so its best to call ahead before you go .

http://www.ontherunadventures.net/

As much as I hate to admit it since I have shopped at all four of their locations, I think time is running out for the Sporting Gentleman.

While I know the reasons for the last relocation, I think it hurt business because it is so off the beaten path and adjusting your hours because the guiding business is better says it all...

Does anyone have any updates?

Their website seems to be no longer working, their Facebook page hasn't been updated in a while and it now appears that the fly shop is in the small out building in the back parking lot as opposed to the main "house."

Bamboozle wrote:
Does anyone have any updates?

Their website seems to be no longer working, their Facebook page hasn't been updated in a while and it now appears that the fly shop is in the small out building in the back parking lot as opposed to the main "house."

They are only open Sundays from what I seen last but I believe it is just to sell what's left of the inventory . I shop at TCO Haverford now definitely one of the best fly shops in the state.

It will be a shame if they close as the Sporting Gentleman was a fixture in the area for a LONG time, along with a few other long departed fly shops that had character and "characters" working in them, versus the sterile cookie cutter shops of today.

Shame, when great people, i mean nice people meet the big challenge!

Fear not, of what may be lost, fear most by what already has been taken.

Maxima12

Back