Did I win Valley Creek yesterday?

Nymph-wristed

Nymph-wristed

Streamer chunking in 80 CFS. I beat my Valley personal best by over an inch, and this one did not look 100 years old in fish years like the 18 incher I landed a few years ago. Should have jinxed myself: went out looking for a good fish with a 5/6 weight, 10 lb fluoro tippet, and even the friggin' measure net... Cocky! In the end, it meant a quick, efficient battle and hopefully an apex predator still harassing mice and parr today. Three pics of same fish. More on my blog.

20190514_114504.jpg

20190514_114319.jpg

20190514_114437.jpg

Sick fish on any stream!!

Dude, way to go, holy moly

Not trying to discredit or be the bearer of bad news. The measure net I had wasn’t even close to correct measurements. The inches were almost an inch and a half between them. So the measurements were wrong. I knew sumn was up when I saw a fish that wasn’t close
To 16 inches measuring 16

IdratherbePhishing wrote:
Not trying to discredit or be the bearer of bad news. The measure net I had wasn’t even close to correct measurements. The inches were almost an inch and a half between them. So the measurements were wrong. I knew sumn was up when I saw a fish that wasn’t close
To 16 inches measuring 16

Not my first big fish. I just bring that net out for fun sometimes, and I prefer it to laying them on the grass and taping! This net is actually conservative, like I am in my estimations most of the time because too many YouTubers hold up 15 inchers and say they are 18. If I shared that first shot and said 21, many would believe me, yeah?

Good God man...I haven't seen a fish like that in Valley in forever. Awesome job! Were you using a Barr's Meat Whistle?

Wow, way to go!

If you had told me that fish was 20" I wouldn't have questioned it.

Thanks, guys!

Wild_Trouter, that is a custom tie of my buddy's, a tungsten jig with a lot of movement. He was the first to get texted a pic!

nice fish!! those big valley browns fight hard!!

Love it! Thanks for posting.

Woww. I fish Valley several times a month and have not caught anything close to that. I have stumbled upon a dead brown well over 20" post spawn a couple years back but man are they rare there! Congrats

Very nice indeed - just a magnificent fish.

Yuh gotta love throwing streamers in high water.

Thanks, all!

Back