DH Thompson Vise

beadhead2

beadhead2

Does any one have any info on a DH Thompson Model B vise ?
Are they rare ,are they worth anything ?

No.

Or, if it is working, take it to the Newbie Jam and give it to someone who has an interest in getting started tying.

djs12354 wrote:
Or, if it is working, take it to the Newbie Jam and give it to someone who has an interest in getting started tying.

No. He made the correct choice.

If the jaws are strong and can keep a hook steady, thats all one needs. Give it to someone who is learning.

Checkout out a review:

Thompson Model B review

I've owned a Thompson Model "H" (similar, sold through Herters) since 1964 and still it from time-to-time.

Useful for home defense as well.

Don't throw it away.

Those work fine, and are very easy to use.

So it would be great for a beginner, such as some kid who wants to tie flies, but has little money.

Ship it to me I would love to have it. I guarantee the jaws are fine. That would be called over engineered today. I have a Thompson that I have used for 20 or 25 years and counting for tying large saltwater bucktails to small bass jigs. Holds a hook just fine.

I really love the Thompson B. It is a rock solid no frills tank of a vise. If you are really wanting to toss it Henry, I would be happy to pick it up and take it to the newbie jam for the tying table to use/gift.
Mike.

Back