Dette's Mini-min

lv2nymph

lv2nymph

Dettespic.jpg

minimin.jpg

Mini-Min (Badger)
Hook: Mustad 79580 (pictured Daiichi 1750)
Thread: White waxed 6/0
Tail: A very short tuft of black floss
Underbody: Floss or embroidery cotton for bulk
Body: Medium flat silver tinsel
Throat: White calf tail,sparse
Wing: White calf tail,sparse covered with four bagder (having black edge) neck hackles (two on each side)
Head: Rear portion a slack of red on each side;foreward three-quarters painted black with white iris and black pupil

The Dette's tied these only in size 10,in five variations.
A quote from Mary "Of all our streamer patterns the mini-mins are the best producers. They seem to take their share of fish when nothing else will."

Love the Catskills! Nice job

been through that door quite a few times in my day.............

Thanks shakey & FCE,
If you would share one of those times (or two) I would listen...
:)

Sweet!! Thanks for posting!

JH

I was in Roscoe for a Catskill Guild event this past weekend and got to see Mary's tying desk at the flyfishing museum. It was quite an experience.
Nicely done Lv2nymph!

AS a teenager, I hung out at a local fly shop (Kobli's Caddis Hatch)
and on some weekends I would go with the owner to the Catskills to visit such people as Walt & Winnie, Darby's and Art Flick to name a few. While Ron and Walt talked business i would sit at Walt's desk and learn to tie his flys. A big learning experience in my tying

Sat at Walt's desk and tied with his stuff!! You probably had his flies there as a model,all the while in the background is Art Flick,the Darby's and the Dette's. Wow, that's the stuff dreams are made of. I can't help but wonder if you realized at the time the magnitude of what you were living? Good times that I can only imagine... Very nice.

Back