Depth, Angle, Drop...

Anymore one would think that there is only one method of fishing for trout, Euro Nymphing. Wonder how much longer this "fad" will last?

Anymore one would think that there is only one method of fishing for trout, Euro Nymphing. Wonder how much longer this "fad" will last?
The article gives tips about INDICATOR nymphing not Euro nymphing. Some PAFFers find the info and tips for all kinds of FFing helpful. If you're not a nymph guy, there are many tips on fishing dries and hatches to read too. The idea is just to have fun FFing whichever way you enjoy it most....

I was just making a comment in general. Wasn't intended to offend anyone in particular.

Last edited:
I was just making a comment in general. Wasn't intended to offend anyone in particular.
No offense taken for your comment.

Euro nymphing is "all the rage" in FFing right now, partly because it is an effective way to fish, but maybe more so because it gives the writer types something to write about and as well gives the FFing gear companies new tackle and gear to sell.

Let's face it, Euro, tight-line nymphing or whatever you choose to call it has been around for as long as nymphs were tied and fished, all the way back to the "BI" days (Before Indies). Now we have specialized tackle and gear to to go along with the technique along with articles, illustrations and videos discussing every detail of the how to rig up cast and fish weighted flies by watching your leader.

As I said above, it really is an effective way to fish, but it is up to you to choose how you want to fish and whether to read or ignore all the Euro hubbub.......

Hard to say as new tech is continuously coming and the people who are doing it well keep pushing the boundaries and refining their techniques

I enjoy reading Dom's articles however "euro" isn't for me.Tried it for a full year, but I enjoy casting a flyline and enjoy the fact I can put a fly where it's supposed to go with precision when I need it to, something I couldn't do with all the new "stuff"

Try as I might, I have yet to find a 10' 2wt that isn't a Euro rod.

Back