DEP shuts down Potter Co. Chesapeake well site prep

salvelinus

salvelinus

These guys decided not to do it by the book and got caught. They were so arrogant they not even reply to the initial notice. But this begs the question why was a well approved in a drinking water supply area to begin with?

Link

Drilling in water supplies has been pretty typical with Marcellus. Scarnatti visited a site recently in Ridgeway, I think, that was causing concern.

While I think chesapeake screwed up big time and should be fined out the backside for the arrogance they showed in not taking corrective actions, this area has been an issue before. I lived less than a mile from here for a few years prior to last spring and the ATV use thru there had created silt issues before. Patterson allows ATVs to ride thru the area and they were riding thru Wetmore run.

The other issue here is that these morons were building during spring break up the dirt roads in Potter had turned to crap the week preceding this and there is no way this area could have been in any shape to work on when Chesapeake was in there.

This is the exact reason DEP funding should not be cut, but increased instead.

Agreed.

Back