Deeters Gap Gas Activity

osprey

osprey

Are any of you folks familiar with the Deeters Gap area? Traveling east on rt 31 in Somerset county at the road marked Deeters Gap Rd. the dirt road to the right , which i think is private property , shows signs of heavy activity somehow gas related , i'm not sure it's marcellus related or pipeline related but thought i'd throw this up there just in case , they have the road heavily marked with flagging strips and signs (to the right traveling east on rt. 31) let me point out that this area is headwaters (the highest headwaters) to the Chesapeake Bay. If something would go wrong up there it could be devastating. There is an active Marcellus drilling operation west of Deeters Gap rd near Roxbury (traveling east on 31 it's on the left , close to the road , YOU CAN'T MISS IT , stop in and say howdy) let's let these folks know we are watching them. Anyone who might know what's going on at this site please let us know. Thanks
Osprey (the
waterdog)

you might want to notify the chesapeake bay folks, although they probably know about it. those folks are sharp and they don't mess around. these people understand the importance of clean water, it's a shame more folks here don't get it yet. we can live without natural gas, we CAN'T live without clean water.
I love the watchdog idea. it's up to us to protect what we love. count me in!!

bikerfish.............while you're riding around this summer on the bike , keep your eyes peeled and then put it on here what you see , it'll get reported by one of us to the tip line THANKS.

Back