Day Packs

Prestigeworldwide

Prestigeworldwide

Hi everybody,
I am in the market for a day pack and have narrowed my focus down to two, the Sage Typhoon Backpack and the Simms Headwater Day Pack. I was wondering if anyone has used either of these packs and if you have if you would be willing to share some feedback about them.
Thanks

I was seriously considering both of these, but have settled on the fact that the same jansport backpacks that I have used my entire life for school and whatnot are durable, affordable, come with a lifetime no questions asked warranty.

A little more Spartan for sure, but worth considering for anyone in the market for a daypack.

After looking, their site lists a bunch of more functional outdoor daypacks at a good price, and with the same warranty. Definitely worth a look, imo.

I had been using a William Joseph but picked up the Simms at the Somerset show this year. It has some nice little touches that made me switch.

Hopefully i describe this cleary - the top lid is hinged so that if you swing the pack around in front of you to get fly boxes the lid flips away from you rather than up in your face. There are also some nice internal pockets for organizing gear that the WJ was lacking.

Both good choices. I have the Sage typhoon waste pack and it is has performed above my expectations. If you are leaning to the all weather style of pack, then I would also look at Sagebrush Drygoods daypack. Sorry, can't get the link to work.

I have a Simms daypack. It's great for long outtings. Plenty of room for a rain jacket my SLR camera bag and there is even a pocket for a hydration system. I got mine for a steal of a price from MRFC. You can check out there website an see if they have any left. They where on clearance. www.mrfc.com

Prestigeworldwide wrote:
Hi everybody,
I am in the market for a day pack and have narrowed my focus down to two, the Sage Typhoon Backpack and the Simms Headwater Day Pack. I was wondering if anyone has used either of these packs and if you have if you would be willing to share some feedback about them.
Thanks

Are you looking at a daypack to compliment an existing fishing setup or to be your fishing setup? You may do just as well trying to find a more general use hiking daypack and combine that with a fishing chest pack. Thats the route I'm trying this year; using a pack from Golite for the backpacking/hiking portion, and a smaller William Joseph chest pack for the fishing part. My requirements are for a bit more space, since it involves carrying gear for overnight, but Golite makes smaller packs than what I have. Nice touches that I have found are hipbelts on packs that have pockets on them, which allows you to stuff more things that won't fit into a chest pack into an easily accessible area, as well as hydration sleeve pouches.

Back