Dan Bailey Waders

wildtrout24

wildtrout24

Was wondering if anyone out there has any experience with their waders and if they'd recommend them?....I've been looking around for a new pair and thought they looked like good quality for the price.

thanks for the info in advance!

I hear they have great customer service.

Never tried their chest waders, but I have a 8 year old pair of their stocking foot hippers and they are still going strong without a single leak.

My fishing partner has had a pair of them for 4 years. He replaced a pair of Orvis waders that started leaking. He says that the DB's fit better and are more comfy.

I've had a pair for few years now and had had no problems.

PaulG

I had a pair of the Bailey yellowstone guide waders. Leaked after one year really bad in the foot. Took my waders off at the end of a day fishing and was shocked. My left foot looked like it came off a cadaver.

Sent waders back. They did not have a replacement. Waited about three months. Had to buy a replacement pair for a trip.

When they finally sent them to me they sent me the pair with the zipper. Cool, they are $100 more, guess they gave me the better pair because I was without so long.

No, got an invoice. Then another invoice. They wanted their $100. Being a nice guy I called, discussed it, and split the price at $50.

I had orvis prior, and despise orvis waders. I even despise the orvis company because of the problems I had with their waders. The Bailey are way better. But my experience is not perfect.

And call me a stickler. I want my darn feet dry when I fish. That is my expectation of waders. Perhaps I ask too much.

Dear wildtrout,

I have a pair of the Barebones waders that I roll down and wear as waist highs. I have no problems with them.

I wish I could find someone who stocks Dan Bailey waders within 100 miles of Harrisburg. I'd like to buy a pair of the Lightweights but I can't find a size XXLK anywhere.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

Tim, re"I wish I could find someone who stocks Dan Bailey waders within 100 miles of Harrisburg. I'd like to buy a pair of the Lightweights but I can't find a size XXLK anywhere."

Jonas in Coburn at The Feathered Hook stocks DB, and I think that's maybe 50 miles?

tl
les

Dear Les,

I bought the DB waders I have from Jonas a couple of years ago. At that time he was closing out the Dan Bailey waders he had in stock. I really wanted the Lightweight's but alas, he didn't have any of my size 68 triple extra fat in his remaining stock.

If he is carrying them again I may have to pay him another visit. The closest dealer I can find courtesy of Bailey's website is the International Angler and I won't drive that far to try on waders.

I wish more wader manufacturer's made waders sized for the taller larger angler. I did buy a pair of LL Bean waders, and while they fit, it is a just barely fit type of fit.

Orvis waders fit me well in 2XL but every other brand I've tried didn't even come close. The DB's I bought from Jonas are 2XL and they fit but I figure 2XLK's would fit even betterer if I could find a pair?

I guess I could diet? ;-)

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

Hey guys....i was out at the LJ today and stopped by Spruce Creek Outfitters....low and behold they carry the Dan Bailey's....even running a special on the guide weight on what the have in stock....i believe it was 299.......figures they didn't have my size which was a regular large....they did have some bigger sizes. They look like a well constructed wader from what i could tell.

The fishing wasn't bad either....3 bows....3 browns

Back