Dai Riki hooks?

StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin

Pretty simple, will they handle steelhead?

There 135 scud hooks are my go to egg and addis hook. I've landed steelhead on sz 12 to 16. Never had a problem.
They have a st length 2x heavy nymph hook that's great for steel to. Sorry I can't remember the hook #. I haven't dabbled in the small stuff in a while.

I've used dai riki's for about 5 years now and they have been pretty reliable for me. I use size 10-14 scuds for steelhead and haven't had a problem. Bent a few on foul hooked fish but that's to be expected sometimes.

Sweet thanks for the help, I am going to order some for sure.

If your trying to save a few bucks I would say try some allen hooks. Their barbed hooks are almost identical in quality to dai riki IMO and a little cheaper. Their barbless are really nice and only like $10-$11 for a hundred. They have a decent selection of styles but no salmon type hooks though.

Realistically I just want hooks that won't break or bend on a 10 lb steelhead, and I just want 3 different types, one for eggs, one for nymphs and one for bead heads. I would like to get a hundred of each. Also need barbs, I just think that with those beasts it really is a must have.

Honestly if you're not worried about saving money why go with dai riki? TMC, mustad, daiichi are some of the best. Gamakatsu makes a really good hook as well. Mustad isn't much more $ then dai riki anyway. I would take the allen hooks over the dai riki personally. If your worried about a hook bending or breaking then why even risk it? Get what you know is good and have confidence in.

I've used this guy to buy my dai riki's. I've purchased a few thousand off of him.

http://stores.ebay.com/Gypsy-Outdoors?_rdc=1

That's who I get mine from also. He's a good seller.

you will not be disappointed with dai riki.

Ok thanks guys! I just put in my order for 400 hooks hopefully that'll last me through this time next year.

Back