Da Burgh!

tomgamber

tomgamber

While I'm not gonna head down to the dock by the old prison (although there are worse places to fish) kinda cool to have someone catch any trout this far down an urban three rivers.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210412-220059_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210412-220059_Facebook.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 9
It looks dead.

Nice fish but I wouldn't eat it.lol

Where in Pittsburgh was this? Pretty surprising.

Stocked. GG

Is that the Elizabeth bridge?

Neat!
Some years ago a big stocked brookie like this one was caught in the Susquehanna River in Harrisburg by a guy fishing chicken liver for catfish.

Yuh never know. . .

turkey wrote:

I'll answer my own question. That is the Elizabeth bridge. Sorry for the trouty spotburn.

If that is the Elizabeth bridge (and I agree with you that it is), where on Earth did that fish come from? Peter's Creek? Mingo Creek? 12 year old with a bucket?

T

It appears to have a kype. Would that mean it is safe to say it is not a spring 2021 stocker?

Millsertime wrote:
It appears to have a kype. Would that mean it is safe to say it is not a spring 2021 stocker?

I don't think so.
Fresh stocked trout often have a kype.

Tiogadog wrote:
If that is the Elizabeth bridge (and I agree with you that it is), where on Earth did that fish come from? Peter's Creek? Mingo Creek? 12 year old with a bucket?

T

The Yough is not too far away.

Stockies get washed down by high flows are found sometimes way down in big rivers. As long as water temperatures are cool in the spring, they can survive.

Troutbert is correct. We used to see at least one, maybe two each year or so that we did the striped bass spawning stock assessment via electrofishing in the tidal Delaware in Phila and Delaware Co’s. Movement is also true for wild trout. We even saw a yearling Brown in the Fairmount Fishway in Philly.

turkey wrote:
turkey wrote:

I'll answer my own question. That is the Elizabeth bridge. Sorry for the trouty spotburn.

I went back and looked up the post. As of there was any doubt, it is the Elizabeth bridge. On the Mon which means it could have come from a number of stocked streams.

and Turkey...Dunchinz be gibbin up Maurice's seekrit crick...

tomgamber wrote:
turkey wrote:
turkey wrote:

I went back and looked up the post. As of there was any doubt, it is the Elizabeth bridge. On the Mon which means it could have come from a number of stocked streams.

and Turkey...Dunchinz be gibbin up Maurice's seekrit crick...

LoL Tom. Mo' Crick is safe with me. Your accent is perfect. We need to have a cigar and talk some hockey someday. I'm out in Westmoreland now. Bruno is my agent. He knows where to find me

Back