Curry Mine

YoughRiverGuide

YoughRiverGuide

You all may recall a past post of mine asking for people to show up at the public forum meeting that focused on the special exception request to mine the Curry site along the Youghiogheny River.

I just wanted to let you all know the the local zoning board voted to deny the special exception in this case. Although Amerikohl could still appeal this decision, this is a definite win for our side at the moment.

I hope you are all as excited to hear this as I am, and I hope that those of you who said that opposition was pointless when we discussed this the first time around might amend your perspectives and be willing to fight for those places that deserve defending in the future. If not for all the individual members of the community that voiced their opposition to this mine, this very easily could have gone the other way.

Thank you to anyone that showed up at the meetings and made your voice heard.

-Ernie Pribanic

good to hear citizens aren't falling for the bs mining companies like to push. good democracy at work, people are being heard. now only if this can happen at the national level!!! Lol

Great to hear, thanks for the update.

Back