Croatia fly fishing

CLSports

CLSports

Has anyone on here fished the rivers of Croatia? Gacka, Kupica, Kupa, or Curak? I am planning a trip to the island of Krk and I want to fish one or more of these rivers when I am there. Any info would be appreciated.

Rob

I certainly have never been to Croatia, but I hope that you have a fantastic time there and land some large fish.

I actually visited the nearby island of Brac about 30 years ago. I remember that it seemed very charming and old fashioned - even less developed than the country of Yugoslavia of which it was a part. Its all limestone so I think there should be some really nice chalk streams. Good luck !

Thanks for the well wishes. I took a shot that maybe someone has fished over there, but I knew it would be a longshot.

I did a Google search on those rivers and gathered some basic information. Many of them are limestone spring creeks and seem to be in areas that are not overly populated. I am looking forward fishing somewhere outside of the US for the 1st time.

never fished in the region, but have visited Croatia, bosnia, Slovenia etc

bosnia may be worth a visit for fishing. streams are unusual jade green and some towns like travnik are known for the trout filled streams.

if you have the chance to visit Dubrovnik Croatia on the coast its great small old city ... does get crowded in summer.

not far from croatia

blagaj bosnia beautiful

http://www.balkaninside.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Vrelo-Bune-Bosnia.jpg

Back