Crease Fly

JerryCoviello

JerryCoviello

Crease Fly
Do we call it a fly?
The tail is tied in the body coated with Solarez Glow in the Dark UV Resin.

Either way it catches fish.

Attachments

• Crease Fly Signature resize.jpg
    Crease Fly Signature resize.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 13
IMHO, one solid definition of a "fly" is that it's too light for the rod to cast. What differentiates fly fishing from conventional fishing is in fly fishing the line loads the rod while in conventional fishing the bait loads the rod. Defining fly fishing by the materials of the fly is mostly bogus.

Oh, nice tie, Jerry. :)

I believe any lure that is tied or glued to a hook and casted with a fly rod is a fly .

I certainly tie "flies" like that's true. ;)

Nice, Jerry. It might depend on the size of the crease fly and how you "tie" them. These are some I've been playing with. They're tied on various size shanks. The hooks are on split rings and can be changed out with double or single hooks. I seem to get better action with them, and there's less leverage than what you would get with a long shank hook.

Attachments

• PC240100.JPG
    PC240100.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 6
JerryC wrote:
Nice, Jerry. It might depend on the size of the crease fly and how you "tie" them. These are some I've been playing with. They're tied on various size shanks. The hooks are on split rings and can be changed out with double or single hooks. I seem to get better action with them, and there's less leverage than what you would get with a long shank hook.

I like the articulate crease fly idea,

Back