Crazy 30 min

captbugger

captbugger

Long day at work led to me stopping at the upper end of the falling spring. At first it was just cold then the wind started then the snow started. I will say I only had one flash that looked really big. But the cold and snow got the best of me. The cold reminded me of steelhead fishing the Great Lakes.

Thundersnow here with a fair amount of lightning and complete whiteout conditions.

** "whiteout" is a term describing the intensity of snowfall and limited visibility....not a racist term term (in case the fox daddy reads this)

Just sent Kray a video from my front steps with the howling winds and snow...just said it reminded me of steelhead fishing!

Agreed - I left work just as the first flakes started falling. The wind was howling pretty good and the snow intensified. I felt like I had vertigo while I was driving, especially as the snow would change directions. It was definitely a whiteout, and the wind was kicking up a bunch of leaves and other junk too, making for a whole lot of stuff swirling around. Could have been headed south on I-79 fro Erie and wouldn't have known the difference..

If the salt trucks don't hit the roads, morning commute could be ugly. I got $5 riding that the guardrail by stony creek exit will be mangled by 8:15 as I head into work.

Back