Cortland mini head kit

Cornholio

Cornholio

Any of you guys ever use these mini sink tip heads that you cut to whatever size and do a loop to loop connection to fly line. I was wondering if they have an effect on a long cast do to the weak point at the loop to loop connection?

Not sure what you are asking
Do the hinge?
Is loop to loop strong?

Yes they hinge
Think about it.... Your line tapers out to carry the mass of a mono leader... Not a sink tip
If you have the lighter grains per foot tip...you'll be in better shape

Loop to loop handshake is super strong
The braided loops that it comes with are as strong as you build them
Throw those shrink sleeves in the trash

Yea i tossed the sleeves.... They are garbage... I've never used these things before i just wondered if the break ( loop to loop connection ) between the fly line and the sink tip would cause a loss of energy transfer. I'm not worried about that problem with big streamers. I plan on using these for nymph fishing for carp. I will be making really long cast and just curious if it all would lay out straight on the water.

Mini heads are not a subtle thing hitting the water. And will most likely spook more fish than its worth. The little carp fishing I've done its a delicate presentation game. Long leaders light tippet and learn how to double haul.

I can double haul like a mother! Just never messed with these things. The carp i'd be pitching to are in fast deep water where presentation isn't as important. Anyhow i'm going to take these out tomorow and give them a try.

Back