Cool Wormy Material

JimNovo

JimNovo

Saw this at the Edison show and I thought it was a brilliant idea.

Wormy material with an infused thread for easy tie ins.

They have a video of Tim Flagler tying a leach with it on their website.

Made in PA!!

IMG 4488

As you are probably aware, I don’t care how you catch fish or what bait you use as long as it is legal, but the gradual integration of soft plastics from the lure throwing bass fishing community into the fly flinging trout fishing community is interesting to observe.

Last edited:
Saw this at the Edison show and I thought it was a brilliant idea.

Wormy material with an infused thread for easy tie ins.

They have a video of Tim Flagler tying a leach with it on their website.

Made in PA!!

View attachment 1641234144

I like the color with the polka dots, and the concept has merit, but Patent Pending?, I dunno.

Personally, I would prefer if they would leave the exposed piece of mono in the middle of the squirmy material rather than at only one end so that it could be tied to the middle of the hook with both ends being loose rather than tying it on at just one end. Maybe that’ll come in Version 2.

I like the color with the polka dots, and the concept has merit, but Patent Pending?, I dunno.

Personally, I would prefer if they would leave the exposed piece of mono in the middle of the squirmy material rather than at only one end so that it could be tied to the middle of the hook with both ends being loose rather than tying it on at just one end. Maybe that’ll come in Version 2.
I think they want you to tie in 2 pieces to make a full worm. One facing rear, the other facing backwards.

I think they want you to tie in 2 pieces to make a full worm. One facing rear, the other facing backwards.
I hadn’t thought of that.

Or, if you have a big enough hook, just cut off a section of those worms, leave them attached to that center strip and tie that center strip on your hook shank with those squirmy legs extending away from both sides.

As you are probably aware, I don’t care how you catch fish or what bait you use as long as it is legal, but the gradual integration of soft plastics from the lure throwing bass fishing community into the fly flinging trout fishing community is interesting to observe.

When they start impregnating them with salt, it may cross a line in FFO regulated sections. ;)

I was a big fan of Thai sticks BITD.

I appreciate the Tye Sticks heads up even though I don't tie or fish Squirmy Wormies...

I understand about the "infused tying thread for easily attaching to the hook" part and even though I don't have any plans to add Wormies to my arsenal in the near future, I do fish soft plastic baits on conventional rods and seeing this gets me thinking...

If I was inclined to tie or fish Squirmy Wormies, I might also take a stroll though the aisles of my local Walmart, Bass Pro Shops or Cabela's and peruse the gazillion creature baits in a million different colors. To the uninitiated (me) it appears to me that the "legs" or "skirts" on the creature baits would work just fine.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for innovation and supporting a local PA business but at $9.00 a bag for the Tye Sticks, if you can live without the "string" there are "creature" options for less $$.

AND some of them are PA based (412 Bait Company & Zee Bait among others) who are selling hand poured soft plastic creature baits.

Personally, I would prefer if they would leave the exposed piece of mono in the middle of the squirmy material rather than at only one end so that it could be tied to the middle of the hook with both ends being loose rather than tying it on at just one end...

Stupid question but is the mono just at the end or does it go all the way through???

If it goes all the way through (which I would hope it did so it wouldn't pull out as easily), why not just use 3/0, GSP or Kevlar thread and a heavy hand to cut through the plastic in the middle to get to the embedded mono and lash it down.

Back