Conodoguinet Article in Eastern Fly Fishing May/June

Night_Stalker

Night_Stalker

My friend John Hoffman (Photo Editor for Ducks Unlimited) asked me at work one day if I would be interested in making an magazine article on the Conodoguinet Creek.

After discussing concerns about drawing attention to the stream I fish often...we decided to proceed to do some photography and fishing. Even though I had walking pneumonia, I took John to a few spots and enlisted my friend David Burnham to help catch some fish.

John put together a story and photos. Some real cool photos of us fishing during what I felt was the worst / most difficult few days during the late summer. It is a general look at a section of the stream. It was fun to do.

Having been an Art Director that has composed and designed magazines for a living…it was fun to make content. The publication is not fancy by any means…actually a little difficult for me as a designer to look at (occupational hazard, but I am real fussy).

Here is a link to 2 photo from the article:

13910770110_b518de6bed_m.jpg
[/url][/img]

Attachments

• EA-2014-MAY_R.jpg
    EA-2014-MAY_R.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 20
Night_Stalker,
When I saw the article this morning, I thought of you and...lo and behold, there you were in the first pic. Nice job!

I'm looking forward to reading the entire article shortly.

Is this magazine available online? I've heard of the magazine, I've just never seen it anywhere.

I too received my copy in the mail today, and was quite surprised to see the Connie as one of the featured articles. Seems to have captured the various aspects of the fishery quite well. Glad to see a creek I've been enjoying since I was a kid get some love.

The magazine subscription options can be found here:

http://www.matchthehatch.com/easternflyfishing/Current.aspx

Most fly shops have it in the NE.

ain't nae fish 'n that crick! ;)

Just read it, nice article.

Not really trying to start something here, but if you actually like to fish there and the stream is pretty uncrowded, you might live to regret that this article appeared.

My God Rich-- I could have written your response for you. I knew exactly what you were going to say before I even read it. I really don't understand how this thought process occurs. You're on a website called "paflyfish" and if someone shares some information, you have a problem with it. If someone writes an article about a stream….you have a problem with it. You remind me of a certain fly shop owner that I know that if he doesn't have something or someone to hate, he has no purpose.
You're a smart man and a good angler I'm sure. Why don't you share what you know and stop thinking that someone else is going to "take your spot" or "catch your fish." Share your knowledge on this PUBLIC INFORMATION WEBSITE that you look at every day. You're a nice guy-- don't turn into the guys that you and I grew up with who wouldn't tell you anything. Thats NOT the right way to do this. You're a smart guy and much better than this.

Said I didn't want to start something, just give a warning. I'll PM you, Eric.

Just getting caught up on old posts. This was a good article, looks like a nice stream, neat that a forum regular was involved.

I like Eastern Fly Fishing, even though some of what they cover is pretty far south.

Night Stalker stopped in the store the other day and told me about this outing. That creek is very interesting and one of the most interesting things about the creek is the anglers.

I know some guys that fish the creek and have been fishing it for a long time. Many are regulars on this site. I would love to get them together in the same room some night over the winter for a tying session and just video or audio record what follows. So many great stories.

Here's the article on their website if you didnt pick-up the magazine:

http://eastern-fly-fishing.myshopify.com/blogs/features/15198201-conodoguinet-creek-pa

Thanks for the link.

Back