Conodoguinet 9/25/14

Night_Stalker

Night_Stalker

Conodoguinet activities:
A blad eagle stopped to watch me fish. Later I spotted a deceased fish 20 feet from. So the eagles was really checking out a easy meal.

The creek is at its lowest since last year (gauge reads 1.3ft). You can see from the photo show exposed rock/bank that we could use some rain. Last year the water was this low or lower from something like May to September.

The muskie and snappers have been eating well…the severed sucker head pointing up stream.

When out tonight searching for muskie (A buddy teased me by catching a nice tiger today), I found this quite large Hexagenia mayfly floating past.

The first two casts had 2-foot muskie follows. I saw another 5 small guys. Several schools of minnows being attacked by smallmouth and tiger muskie.

I have seen osprey three time in four days. One siting...the osprey was carrying a fish. Several years ago…you would never see eagles/osprey in my area.

Attachments

• IMG_5357_R.jpg
    IMG_5357_R.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5362_R.jpg
    IMG_5362_R.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5365_R.jpg
    IMG_5365_R.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5368_R.jpg
    IMG_5368_R.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5371_R.jpg
    IMG_5371_R.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 5
We need some rain Brian.

It is cooling off, but without the normal rain increase we typically see in the Fall my guess is that the brown trout run will be late this year.

Easy pickings for the turtles, fish hawks and herons.

Back