Condition of Clark’s Creek?

FlyMaster99

FlyMaster99

Looking to go to Clark’s tomorrow morning. I figure it’s a little higher than normal but I don’t think it will be muddy. If anyone has any insight help me out here. Thank you!

I haven't been over in that valley in a few days. Guess would be clear and it was surprisingly low last time I went by it. The dam might have reduced outflow with all the rain. If tomorrow's forecast is right, I'd expect it to turn turbid by late afternoon. I thin we are to get .92" Friday and another .5" overnight

I was there today fished the FFO section. It is high and muddy but fishable along the banks. Picked up two fish on buggers and had a few other flashes. Conditions should improve daily with no more rain.

How’s does this stream get high and muddy? Is it a bottom release ?

Rain, runoff and the small feeders that are merely a trickle become quite swollen after a rain....and usually carry a fair amount of sediment

Okay. I didn’t drive the length of the creek but it didn’t look like the wooded ridges would have that much run off.

Much of the area around the DeHart reservoir was logged a few years back. This almost always results in a marked increased in sediment load in anything downstream.

Back