Computer Help/ Delorme TU Topo USA

littlejuniata

littlejuniata

Won't run on my new computer, will install but won't run the CDs, any help or ideas to try appreciated. The comp does have considerable pop-up blocking would that do it?? I have Verizon/Yahoo browser!

Dick,

Probably a compatability problem with your new OS. (operating system) Win XP I presume? Anyway, it may just be that the Auto Executible files on the CD wont run automatically whne the CD is loaded.

Your InternetService Provider/Browser has nothing to do with it.

You may be able to launch the App manually. Try putting in the CD and then browse the Directory to your CD Drive. (My Computer>D or E Drive) Once the CD opens you will see the files on the CD. Change the "view" to Details, Then double click the "Type" header in the Window. This will sort the contents by type. The Applications will come to the top. Try double-clicking the Application to launch it. Failure to launch will result in an error message. From there you can further your trouble shooting.

HTH,

Maurice

I have Topo USA 4.0 and it runs fine on XP... I'm not familiar with TU Topo USA?

Like Maurice said....What kind of an error are you getting when attempting to run the program? If it ends up being a compatability problem caused by the OS i may have a solution for you.... Keep us informed.

Thanks for the help guys, on a wild thought, I removed PIA Norton Anti-Virus, program works great now!! Thanks again

If your disks ran on windows 98 or a system previous to win 2k they will not work, 98 is based on 95 which never worked and the newer versions of windows are from the NT platform. It is a completely different operating system. I had the same problem and stopped using Delorme because of it.

Stone_Fly wrote:
If your disks ran on windows 98 or a system previous to win 2k they will not work, 98 is based on 95 which never worked and the newer versions of windows are from the NT platform. It is a completely different operating system. I had the same problem and stopped using Delorme because of it.

Actually, Windows XP has a compatibility mode that emulates prior versions of Windows and can run the older software. Right-click the "exe" file and select "Properties." There is a tab entitled "Compatibility" that will give you the ability to emulate a prior OS.

$#$@@@%%E Computer. Delorme worked fine yesterday after I uninstalled Norton, today it won't work, I reinstalled the software that went well, now it doesn't recognize the data disks that have the regional info on them, will a hammer fix it? Really appreciate the input, I guess I will try to work through some of the helpfull suggestions, however advise as to which I should try first would be great.

???

LJ, "doesn't recognize the data disks" isn't very helpful to anyone trying to troubleshoot the problem. Can you launch the program from its shortcut or exe file? What happens when you try to access the data disks? Is there an error message? Does the program freeze? Etc.

Another double Hey Dave you need your double post wording reinstalled. Why aren't the Pitt Panthers football games on TV I like to watch all Pa football, only saw Pitt once this year on TV

I just kept beating on it and now it is working again, I went to "my computer", the drive, open, data, and now it is working OK once more. Thanks again guys, the software is neat to mess with especially the 3D feature which shows terrain in the stream areas. THANKS AGAIN. now if I can get my GPS within 30 feet of those rising lunkers in the Little J I will consider myself a techy

Back