Competition Fly Fishing

gaeronf

gaeronf

I was talking to a buddy who said that, if trying to reach a goal i have, I should attend as many mini-comps as I can. He said to do it through Trout Legend. I looked in to it, and of course, you need to create an account online. You have to be at least 17 years old, probably the same goes for entering their mini comps too. So, I was wondering if anyone here, knows of any, or has any sort of desire to start their own mini-comp. Who knows, maybe we will end up having a PAFF Comp-JAM. Not haphazard, but organized and professional. Just food for thought, and the dreams of a young boy!

Hi gaernof. The Trout Legend League Forum is free and open to anyone who would like to gain and share knowledge regarding fly fishing. Even though it is a league made up of teams from around the USA and Canada, there is a large portion of members on the forum that dont compete. It is good source of info and opinions from fisherman from around the world including some of the worlds best from the comp scene. Creating an account on the forum is the same as creating one here ( free and no strings attached).
Regarding throwing a mini they are allot of work. Every comp we do even minis always get permits from the state and there is quite a bit of things you need regarding setting up, measuring and scoring. The one thing I can tell you is if you are interested in having one,come to one of the comps that are thrown through out the year.Even compete if you want, they are almost allways open to anyone who wants to give it a try. exception would be Team USA events.
There is actually quite a few people on this forum that are members and our great state of PA has one of the best teams in North America. ( Team Freestone )
I am one that knows the The comp fishing scene is not for everyone but for those who are interested at least the USA now has a league and a busy American circut.
Any questions shoot me a PM
Sean Crocker

Matter of fact, our own "Fredrick" is competing in a comp on the Monocacy right now - today! He says he a lock to bring home the Gold for PAFF.

Official results (from Trout Legend)

Results.
1. Pat Weiss 3 placing points 11620 fp
2. Steve Good 4 placing points 4280 fp
3. Sean crocker 5 placing points 7120 fp
4. Ghost 6 placing points 4590 fp ( this is what happens when the ghost is in Pats group)
5. Ken Crane 6 placing points 4020 fp
6. Bj Haegele 8 placing points 4240 fp
7. Loren Williams 9 placing points 6620 fp
8. David Bond 9 placing points 5120 fp
9. Jamie Tehonica 9 placing points 3660 fp
10. Ted Lutz 9 placing points 3240 fp
11. Anita Coulton 11 placing points 2640 fp
12. John Killinger 11 placing points 2220 fp
13. Bill Steudler 13 placing points 2780 fp
14. Greg Glitzer 13 placing points 1600 fp
15. Andy Koons 13 placing points 1160 fp
16. fred Dewees 14 placing points 1960 fp :-o

Easy Tom I did ok my first session dropped as much fish as I caught which hurt me allot . And than on my second session I got skunked I dredged the bottom and picked the rocks clean and dropped one which again hurt me allot . But I learned from this experience and already signed up for another one on Spring this summer .

There is no age requirment to join the TroutLegend Forum... the administrator just changed a setting he hadn't seen before. Youth Competitors of all ages are welcome

Back