Colyer Lake

jifigz

jifigz

Anyone been there recently? Are there any port-a-potties there? I haven't been there since they repaired the dam many years ago. I'm taking some disabled folks bobber and worm fishing tomorrow and I'd like to go to Colyer but I at least need a port-a-john.

Any info is appreciated.

Anyone been there recently? Are there any port-a-potties there? I haven't been there since they repaired the dam many years ago. I'm taking some disabled folks bobber and worm fishing tomorrow and I'd like to go to Colyer but I at least need a port-a-john.

Any info is appreciated.
That's admirable of you to do that.

Try calling the PFBC office in Bellefonte. They should know.

I THINK I recall porta-potties there, but I'm not certain.

A long time ago, I had decent fishing for panfish right off the dam.

Also a long time ago, a buddy and I had very good bluegill fishing at Perez Lake at Shavers Creek, which is closer to you than Colyer.

Last time I was there port a johns were located in the launch area by dam.

Try calling the PFBC office in Bellefonte. They should know.

I THINK I recall porta-potties there, but I'm not certain.

A long time ago, I had decent fishing for panfish right off the dam.

Also a long time ago, a buddy and I had very good bluegill fishing at Perez Lake at Shavers Creek, which is closer to you than Colyer.
I have fished Colyer many times in my life, I have fished Lake Perez less times in my life, but still fished it. I have fished every public lake near me at some point or another. There used to be port-a-potties at Colyer, I just don't know about anymore.

As far as which one is closer Colyer is definitely a shorter drive from Lewistown, which is where I'll be leaving from. Even from my house near Mcveytown Colyer is a shorter drive.

Last time I was there port a johns were located in the launch area by dam.
Perfect. I hope your last time was not that long ago.

I think Colyer represents the best fishing opportunity. Otherwise I could go to 7 Mtns Scout pond, Poe Valley, Faylor, Walker Greenwood Furnace, Raystown, and a few others.

The state parks definitely offer the great amenities. But I want people to have the best chance of catching gills, crappie, LMB, etc

Dear jifigz,

I went to Colyer a couple times last Summer and Fall. They definitely had porta-potties at the boat launch area.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

Awesome. I picked up a bunch of lovely little earth worms tonight and they are currently in a coffee can. Instead of digging I just had to move a few pieces of wood on the ground. Voila, worms everywhere. I got the bobbers and some spinning rods packed and I'm ready.

I haven't done this kind of fishing in a long time. Bring on the bluegills.

Perfect. I hope your last time was not that long ago.

I think Colyer represents the best fishing opportunity. Otherwise I could go to 7 Mtns Scout pond, Poe Valley, Faylor, Walker Greenwood Furnace, Raystown, and a few others.

The state parks definitely offer the great amenities. But I want people to have the best chance of catching gills, crappie, LMB, etc
Probably last summer I took a look at it. Good luck and I hope all of you have a blast.

were there 2-3 weeks ago. It has good bank access on both sides of the lake

Awesome. I picked up a bunch of lovely little earth worms tonight and they are currently in a coffee can. Instead of digging I just had to move a few pieces of wood on the ground. Voila, worms everywhere. I got the bobbers and some spinning rods packed and I'm ready.

I haven't done this kind of fishing in a long time. Bring on the bluegills.
I miss bobber and worm fishing!

Any info is appreciated.
Let me know if you get into any pickerel there...she's loaded with em.

Let me know if you get into any pickerel there...she's loaded with em.
I used to love catching the chain picks there. I used to fish Colyer quite a bit and would always catch Chain Picks, some decent sized ones, too.

I doubt I will be plucking any Chain Picks out of the water on a bobber and worm, though.

I used to love catching the chain picks there. I used to fish Colyer quite a bit and would always catch Chain Picks, some decent sized ones, too.

I doubt I will be plucking any Chain Picks out of the water on a bobber and worm, though.
Don't sell it short. How it works is you hook a panfish on the worm, and then the pickerel eats your hooked fish. It's the circle of life and it's happened to me more than few times :) Take some hardware with you if you think you might have the opportunity to throw some for a few minutes. One of my favorites there is the Chartreuse Green Roostertail w/Gold Blade 1/8oz

Don't sell it short. How it works is you hook a panfish on the worm, and then the pickerel eats your hooked fish. It's the circle of life and it's happened to me more than few times :) Take some hardware with you if you think you might have the opportunity to throw some for a few minutes. One of my favorites there is the Chartreuse Green Roostertail w/Gold Blade 1/8oz
Back in the day, we used to catch a lot of chain pickerel using a yellow Abu Reflex spinner. They couldn't resist it.

Back