Colton Holiday sale !!!

Fredrick

Fredrick

Colton is having it's annual holiday sale 35-50% off all gear .

http://coltonfly.com/

Not good a tackle junky like me seeing this.
Nice stuff and the price is great.

I have a tradewinds ud blue 9wt and two torrent 789 reels. So far no complaints.

^same, and the real handled those Kings up in SR country like a champ.

I just bought torrent 789 should have it by Mon for wed .

How many does that make now Fred? lol.

I seriously would want another torrent/tradwind combo if i wasn't saving up for a kayak right now.

I have 350 grain depth charge on its way and would love it to have its own reel lol.

God this stuff is dangerous....

trowpa wrote:
How many does that make now Fred? lol.

I seriously would want another torrent/tradwind combo if i wasn't saving up for a kayak right now.

I have 350 grain depth charge on its way and would love it to have its own reel lol.

God this stuff is dangerous....

Reel came in today Steve got a spool with it also . I'm not going to disclose that kind of incriminating information . But That line works great for me on the hook I can cast 100' feet with that line with a wind

Bermuda tapered Wulff line?

Fred - and a spool too! lol you're out of control :)

I've got two torrents -

Torrent A: Bermuda TT floating
Torrent B: TT intermediate

Wondering which i should put the depth charge on.

Right now i'm considering Replacing the intermediate with the depth charge leaving me with a floating and a Sinktip/intermediate. ANd i'll put the intermediate in storage.

Can you think of a reason i should do it the other way? (and end up with an intermediate and a sinktip/intermediate?

Wulff triangle tapers are kick butt,
For Saltwater i use a Teeny 350 and a Monic Intermediate Slime line both are 9 wt lines,on the jetties intermediate lines reign supreme,on a boat i prefer a Teeny, I also have a Airflo Depth Charge 400,rods i use are a Gloomis GL4 9' 9 wt an a Redington 9' 11 weight.
The Gl4 is the Perfect Salmon River king rod for me,puts every fish under my control an does what i need to up there,whether it was the ol half a flyline thing or running line thing to the current 9 wt Wullf Triangle Taper that kicks butt,
i wish i had a Stiffer stick like a Gloomis GLX for slatwater i have had days on the salt where i have literally beat my self to death
The GL4 great steelhead rod,not ideal for salt IMHO but i love it.
I need a stiffer stick to beat the crap out of the wind.

trowpa wrote:
Fred - and a spool too! lol you're out of control :)

I've got two torrents -

Torrent A: Bermuda TT floating
Torrent B: TT intermediate

Wondering which i should put the depth charge on.

Right now i'm considering Replacing the intermediate with the depth charge leaving me with a floating and a Sinktip/intermediate. ANd i'll put the intermediate in storage.

Can you think of a reason i should do it the other way? (and end up with an intermediate and a sinktip/intermediate?

I would scrap the floating. Having the Orvis depth charge you don't need a sink tip . Int and sinking are best lines for the salt . You could always buy a matching spool lol

Colton striping baskets on sale..like that one pictured in the striper jam?orvis like?
also how do colton rods compare for saltwater?will they throw teeny 350 or depthcharge 400? durable?warranty?price? i prefer a 9 even a 10 weight

The stripping basket is Orvis just has a Colton sticker on it . They will have no problem casting those lines call bob the owner he will have no problem answering any questions you might have .

Bump this sale is ending soon

couldn't pass this up...ordered my new rod on sun! fred, I say we break it in right with another trip in the spring.

edit: wont forget my basket this time either!

lol it is definitely a plan

Back