Collecting and mounting 'bugs'

PocketWater

PocketWater

I was wondering if anybody has attempted to collect and mount mayflies, caddis, stoneflies, nymphs, etc. I am interested in attempting to do this.

I figured I'd try to dry out the adults and display them as you would see a typical insect collection, and for the nymphs I bought some liquid acrylic and release for the acrylic. I am going to attempt to mount them in this in cubes (like you would see a bug in a paper weight). If this method works well, I may try it for the adults as well.

Looking for any tips or any information in case anyone has done this or attempted it.

Sorry if this has been discussed before. I tried searching the forum but did not see this topic.

Let me know how it goes. Sounds cool.
I just saved some of the local hatchesearch to put on a driftwood and stones centerpiece. Gonna try to put real fly with its tied fly for a comparison display piece.

PocketWater wrote:
Sorry if this has been discussed before. I tried searching the forum but did not see this topic.

I don't recall this ever being discussed - it's an interesting topic. Keep us informed of your progress as we'd like to see how your efforts turn out.

Back