Cold WX Fishing Gloves

Paulson

Paulson

Im looking for guidance on some cold weather gloves for the winter. I have been using some wool liners and they really dont make the cut. Additiinally I hate taking them off when dealing with a fish.

Is asking for warmth and waterproofness and dexterity too much? Any recommendations?

Kast Steelhead gloves, made by Kastgear.

When I wear out Mechanix gloves they turn into my bowhunting and fishing gloves.

Duck hunting gauntlets for the extra cold weather work.

Kast - that is exactly what I am looking for. Good thing my birthday is right around the corner, those are not cheap.

I wear Mechanix at work, great above 50 degree plus to get a hold of what I need, but I find no warmth in them personally. To disclaim I am hard to keep warm when it comes to hands and feet.

Paulson,
I had my gloves on today. I was'nt fishing but keeping my hands warm while cleaning off the truck and driving a short dist.

I HATE FISHING WITH GLOVES ON
At times in the winter I have to have them. This is the best I have found. You can put your hand under water and have no problem leaking if you have them tight

I hope you get to try them out they are a must have for winter Steelheading
let me know if you get them............ Mike

I don't enjoy fishing with gloves either. In any case you have to take them off to tie knots, flies on, and split shot. It is nessecary though, many planned trips are futher from civilization so its part of my plan to be safe on the creek.

I will let you know how it goes!

I wonder if you could use them shovel snow? I hate when my gloves get wet shoveling snow and can never find a good pair that will stay dry and keep my paws warm.

I like a pair of wool mittens that flap back to expose the fingertips and thumb for knot tying. When its really cold a hand warmer in the communal finger flap does the trick. Still a pain to keep them from getting wet though.

what about a pair of neoprene type gloves?

Not good for fishing dexterity but warm / dry.... Ice armor. Handlebar mustache not included with hat purchase

http://clamoutdoors.com/store/index.php/icearmor.html

Paulson wrote:
Is asking for warmth and waterproofness and dexterity too much?

Yes. You have to make the decision to either suffer or stay home.

I've yet to find a pair I like either. Just got done a long suffering session on the SR thanks to no gloves. I just can't fish with them due to the lack of dexterity.

Haven't tried the Kast ones yet.

Back