Codorus

S

SteveG

Tried to fish Codorus with s friend yesterday. We arrived and the water seemed about 1 foot lower than any other time I've been there. Does anyone know how long its been that low? I'd think they'd be releasing more water since its spring.

SteveG

Aside from a few rain or snowmelt events, the Codorus has been that low since the fall - it's been a good 6 months now. And most of the flow has been from the west branch, not from the lake. The lack of precip in the area has prevented the lake from refilling to its usual spring level. All the reports that I've heard so far indicate that the fishing has been poor as a result. Eventually the paper mill downstream will need cold water and they'll need to start releasing from the lake again. Hopefully things will return to normal when that happens, and we'll get some good rain too.

Did you catch anything or see fish during your visit? Just curious.

Thanks for the info Tom. We didnt catch or see any fish. I flipped some rocks, and saw very few insects.

Last time I fished there was early fall, prespawn.

I'm planning on coming to one of your meetings soon.

SteveG,

We'd like that. Meetings are always the second Wednesday of the month. Next one coming up on 5/13, right along the stream near the sawmill. Hope you can make it. Keep in touch.

Back