Codorus Creek through York City

Breeze717

Breeze717

This may not be the right place for this, but I'll ask. For those of you familiar, Codorus Creek runs through York City. I work at a large office building by the college and the creek runs right out back. I was thinking of fishing it a few nights after work now that the weather is turning.
My question is: Have any of you ever fished this part of the creek? I know its nasty, but I figured there has to be some carp and bass in there. Any advice on what to use? I've never seen anyone fish it, just figured it would be a good place to practice and wet a line for an hour or so after work. Thanks!

I fish it well after it goes through the city. Smallmouth and walleye on streamers regularly. Even got a channel cat on a streamer. I don't fish it a whole lot since I mainly fish wild trout. Not to in to the WWF a whole lot. Might of went about 10 times over the last year

Thanks Shaner. I've fished it below, along the rail trail. Got into some smallmouth and a brownie from time to time. Just never in the city, where the water isn't nearly as clean.

My barber fishes it all year long. He catches smallies, rock bass, chubs, etc. He tells me it is pretty good and always has photos when I stop in for a haircut.

Im sure that has some fish but looks very flat with no features through the city. I always fished it down by the furnace near the river. I have caught small mouth the whole way up to seven valleys so im sure they are in between. Ive also yaked it though the white water rough section which looks like it would be amazing small mouth but hard to get to without a yak. Here is a pic from the mouth of a side stream that goes into the dorus from wild ST fishing :-D

Attachments

• 12825434_10208190795740339_623229628_n.jpg
    12825434_10208190795740339_623229628_n.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 22
That's an awesome pic. I was fishing at Brillhart Station last summer and caught a nice smallie, I'll have to post a pic when I leave the office. This stretch here is just so convenient because I can leave my desk and be in the water in minutes. Ahh, corporate life..

Shaner, if I'm thinking of the same place, that stream is posted, yeah?

the York city stretch has too many stockers for me-stocked shopping carts, tires, trash, ect.

I like more or the rough water and better scenery why I stay on the wild streams. Brookies should be hitting drys this weekend ;-)

raftman yes it is posted pretty hard- im sure its the same place not very many wild ST places in York-fish from there :)

Attachments

• 12834905_10208191148709163_846933862_n.jpg
    12834905_10208191148709163_846933862_n.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 8
I fished it regularly on summer evenings using poppers, between Richland Ave. and Grantly. Lots of bluegills, rockbass and smallmouth, with the occasional largemouth. Some of the smallmouth were in the 14-16 inch range. It was close to home and a lot of fun when you didn't have much time. I moved to Lancaster so I haven't fished it in 3 years.

I remember sitting at the G-Man on the 'deck' back in the day, eating wings with buckets o' Rocks on the side, and watching the rats scurry to and fro along the concrete 'banks'...ymmv.

The walleye are scattered throughout the city and below in the deeper water perhaps four feet deep and deeper

I'm going to give it a try this week sometime after work.

Breeze717 let me know how you make out. I always wondered how it would be just up stream of York. from after all 3 branches come together-in behind the golf course(York country club)

The South Branch has a decent SMB population for at least four miles above the confluence with the Codorus.

Back